Sunday, March 11, 2007

When Love Calls...

"Sleepin' On The Beach"
http://www.notjustblackboards.com

Please do click on "not just blackboards." It's a lovely lovely site by a pretty lady named Karla who does uniquely beautiful blackboard art.

I don't mean to steal the picture. I was merely wandering for a beach painting within my local area when my exploring washed me up to her shores. I couldn't resist showing this....The colors..the furnitures..the plants....the mood fully captured the essence of my dream beach house....


Oh'..and if my bloggy' home doesn't open as quick, my apologies. I loaded something that I've always longed to have here....instant music...Takes a bit of a sec to hear....but it will waft. If it becomes a bit too much...do turn it off or lower the volume...I just did. Ah'..what a little pebble of surprise this is that floated my way.

And speaking of surprise..last night..my husband spoke to...guess who (?)...why a solicitor! The phone rang and the next thing I heard was him giving his cellphone number to a lady named.... "Love."

"Now what was that all about and who is this - Love - you were conversing with? " I had to ask. With a wicked grin he tells me that this lady Love just offered him a "no strings attached" free buffet lunch at The A Hotel. Remember honey that I had lunch there with Mark ( not real name ) last week.

Well apparently they took note of my name and now want to show me their facilities and menu. It's for two of course, so we will both be enjoying an extra special meal tomorrow. The boys will come and go ala carte'.


That lunch is today but I'm home. My youngest is studying for his finals and needs to seriously review.

That little pebble of surprise is now being enjoyed by my hubz and my eldest son. Perfect timing really because this boy bagged first place in the University taekwando competition this morning. He was the star of the show with the entire audience hooting and howling for him...proud daddy said.


Funny how I can set my mind on one thing..then change it the next...

I guess not all solicitors need to be blocked. Common sense and discretion as in anything should be applied...

Soooo...the next time
Love calls...

I'm sure to answer.




3 comments:

X. Dell said...

(1) Congratulations to your son. I did Tae Kwon Do, once upon a time, so I am impressed.

(2) @#$!. Love never calls me.

(3) Does "Love" go with bread?

darkfoam said...

well, next time Love calls do answer...lol..
congratulations on your son's win...
that is wonderful and rather impressive. hope the other son does well on his exams. i keep forgetting that apparently your school year is about over. ours will last another 9 weeks. it's been a long year...sigh.
like the song...
love your 'dream beach house'.
when i do dream of a beach house i'm torn between the calmness of various washed out shades of white
or the vibrant colors of this room you've shown. blackboard art? amazing...

Lady Prism said...

X:DELL: really?...I don't like the idea of physical contact..well..this kind where people can get hurt..but he seems to be so just into it..kinda' impressed me too...hmmmm..maybe I should try it out too...

Love..well...this kinda' love came not just with bread but with a whole buffet he!he!

foam: ello'..classes end by the third week of this month....uh' oh' actually..what to do with the kids specially my youngest...gotta' have a line up of activities..and the beach house...uuu grand...