Monday, December 18, 2006

Let it Isnow...

Ridiculous!! S'far as I know, it doesn't snow in the Philippines..hee!hee!..So I dunno' what the heck it is with Winter Wonderland blaring here and there...I can dig "I'm Dreaming of a White Christmas..but..geez' dream on...I prefer a juicy mango island christmas...aaaanytime!....like what's wrong with not having "isnow???..."....

I am like so done swimming in with the current of commercial dreaming...no..make that delusion....Shuuuuure it's nice to see fake snow dribbled by a machine and the allure of some fat red guy Santa with all the ho ho ho reindeer but lol!..goodness brown people...face it..Santa hasn't heard of this place ever...look at the street kids....


What am I saying to myself here?...I like being where I am..I like that the nights are breezy cool but not bone crack freezing...I love the twinkle of fairy lights swayin' on our trees.....and the street parties that go and on and on and on....just awesome!!! I love sumptous al fresco dinners and the fiesta atmosphere...

I wish my fellow Pinoys would appreciate what we've got instead of riding on with the snow theme Christmas...

Sometimes..a nation doesn't see.....the beauty that be...viewed through the eyes of simply Luxie..


9 comments:

Flea said...

Lovely pictures, I sure agree with you, I love our summer Christmas too here in Australia. It's sunny and warm, but I would want to try a cold one once, just once.

Unknown said...

Ditto India. What's this obsession with doing it EXACTLY the Western way :)

..................... said...

i see the beauty that be..through the writing of luxie...
thanks for sharing.
this may be the west, but there's plenty of places that never see a white christmas.....too warm..
we get snow off and on for christmas. you never know.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I'm with Schaumi- I've only seen a "white Christmas" one time in my life...and those were snow flurries :)
Today is was almost 75 degrees (which I admit is a tad warm for where I live~)

I'm sick Lux...sick, sick, sick.
I want to blog and I just can't-
Sinus trouble :(
I hope to get back to you before the holiday- I MUST feel better by Friday!
Hugs love...enjoy your lovely island. Wish I was better- and enjoying paradise with your family and mine all together :)

Inihtar said...

I think there's just something about the idea of a white Christmas that even a juicy mango island (wonderful at any other time) doesn't seem to be able to replace, even in the tropics. And I'm not sure about Santa Claus never having heard of "this" place and tne brown people there. After all, Saint Nicholas, on whom Santa Claus is modeled, was from what's now Turkey--and they're sort of brown, or at least in between.

Helene said...

I totally agree with you! People here in Fl (especially the children) are all wishing for snow... they even bring in snow piles for christmas events so they can have snowball fights! (it was amazing to see! lol)

I think that the time of year is magical ...... most people are in good moods... at least on the surface they are... ok most people I talk to are stressed and or depressed... and feeling like they are spending too much money and gaining weight... come to think of it I really dont care for this time of year at all!!!!!! hehehe

fun post and you look lovely in the post below too! Your hubby looks proud of the eye candy on his arm! *wink

HLiza said...

Yup..no white Christmas too in hot Malaysia..only flood!

Lady Prism said...

hannelie: just once too...

SJ: The idea of winter wonderland is dreamy...but here where I am it's more that the idea I'm actually talking about..it's the concept..that anywhere is better than here...I think I would have to expound on this post someday to make myself clear..

Schaumi: I think that's exctiting..to never know when it's going to fall..

Mayden: got me too..am' feeling better but still need to lie down..hope ur' better today...

Inhitar: Welcome to me' bloggy.....in between browns..that's a pretty hue...I would have to read up on the history of St. Nick once again..

Kate: we got ice skating rinks here complete with snow..I like what you said aout people being in a good mood..on the surface...this time of the year os overrated...anytime of the year should be magical....

Hliza: It's cool here..we had a storm couple ov' weeks back..pretty bad for some parts of the country..didn't hit MAnila though..thak goodness..I've about had it with wet...the nights are twinkly bright...

X. Dell said...

Between Wisconsin, New York, Michigan and Ohio, I've seen my share of snowed-in Christmases. I don't need more. Actually, I'm glad the weather here has been spring-like all week (about 10 degrees Celsius).

To me, it's kinda sad that someone would have thought that a wintery Christmas would be appropriate in the Phillippines. Were I a fellow Pinoy, I would see it as a slap in the face, as if we couldn't create our own Christmas traditions.