Friday, January 19, 2007

Breathe

Surprise made me inarticulate. "I do," I managed at last. "It's lovely."

- {Mado - Coastliners page 93}
............................

It has served its purpose so it had to go. I wanted to see myself...express myself...face me...and I did that....There is no purpose for those pictures or for the words written to linger on...I drank its message and have been satiated by the kind words poured my way.

I am referring to the post I have deleted. Only a few probably saw it..or read it...and that is enough. What I want to look at right now is the future..not the past....I don't possess that anymore...It's over....Now come to think of it...the future isn't here yet...which makes it quite like the past....existing no more..existing not yet...

Which leaves me with nothing else but what I have..hold..feel..possess today. Interesting really.....today...now...here...present...alive....breathing....

Last night in bed...I breathed consciously....like felt air..oxygen come in slowly...then ease out gently...I was afraid that I might forget how to do it...breath..while asleep....How unfortunate for me if I do!....But honestly....I don't always count my breathing or feel it as if it were seperate from my body...But last night was different....I could almost touch my breathing...like it were an entity...a pure angel of sparkling vapor that whooshes my lungs with energy of life....

And for a moment before drifting off....I marvelled at how amzing that I am here...breathing..

and that there are those existing now...breathing in rhythm to mine own breath....

a world of color....breathing together...

pulsating....

alive

Mars doesn't breathe.... does it?.....


I don't think so......

12 comments:

Mr Q said...

Being grateful about the privileges that we enjoy daily, such as breathing, is one of the things we can all sit back or lay down and ponder on, what a waste of time would be not doing so. More time is granted to our lives when we just care a little more about what life has already put for us to do. When we are wrapped up on the unevitable unlife, we are really not breathing, we are simply "going through the motions", Of course Mars breathes, I know because I am Mars, but so are you and everyone else who takes the time to think about it.
and Mabuhay!

HLiza said...

Sometimes we're just too obsessed with our everyday routines and we forget to treasure the little details that's important in life.. Now that I'm with big tummy, I find myself appreciating the changes in my body and the happenings around me more..
And now I start to practise breathing!

Alessandra Cave said...

First of all, thank you for your sweet words on my post. You wrote me a little poem with your response:) I only discovered breathing about 5 years ago when I started practicing yoga. It was a big shock to realize I had never taken a conscious breath before. I love to practice breathing. It really calms me down. I agree with you... It's so yummy to find our own rhythm! And one more thing: Love the cow mug and saucer below! :)

..................... said...

breathing is certainly taken for granted. and it's amazing how many people exist by holding their breat a whole bunch....nothing like held breath to 'bunch' ya' up.
(i realized i was holding my breath as i was typing).
so i'm breathing now..properly..
thank you for reminding me.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

(I might blog on this- as I think about it :)

I have a 2 mile course that I walk every other day...it includes a steep hill- and I know, as I force myself up that hill- that my body uses everything it has to get to the top. One day- as I was nearing the top...my asthma flared.

(I, thankfully, had my inhaler!)

My lungs pulled hard on the cold air...the Ventolin widened the passage way- and my blood dined on oxygen once more- like it was a feast!
And for a few seconds- my breathing did feel like a separate thing- my lungs and blood enjoying what they had been deprived of for less than a moment. Oxygen.

O yes...oxygen. I was fine, and very thankful for the rest of the walk :) (and still thankful now!)

I'll have to take Q's word that Mars breathes- but I know Venus does :)

Miss Robyn said...

I sometimes lay in bed, breathing conciously, feeling as one with the universe. It is an amazing feeling. Until I become concious of that thought and zap! back into my body.

..................... said...

yuhuu (waving fiercely)
yuhuu..:)

..................... said...

hope that chocolate cake didn't land on the floor what with all that jumping around outside my kitchen door...:)

Lady Prism said...

Schaumi:...uh' oh...um....err...Schaums???!!..you got a broom over there somewhere??!!..hee!hee!..

Miss R'...oh' that happens to me all zee' time...hee!hee!..back to reality..that is..


MAyden:..wow!...been some time since I've walked...Ventolin does strange things to me....makes me sort of nervous..I dunno' why....I took it a couple of weeks ago coz I was starting to wheez coz' of the slight chill over here...

I remember there was a time when asthma hit me so bad I prayed from then on I would never take breathing for granted...

Schaumi: Sometimes people don't realize that they aren't just holding their breath but that their holding this tense look on their face..I realized I was doing that one day...I released and said..my goodness..never thought I was this uptight...

gypsygirl:..oh' I love your bloggy' home..so colorful!..and the cow mug is indeed fun to look at...bought it on sale...glorious...

and breathing..is something I have only been conscious about!...welcome!


Hliza: you must indeed practice your breathing..good for the baby!!..and everything you said is precious and true!

Mr. Q..It escaped me...the MArs being alived...I am so glaaad you reminded me it is..if it were NoT alive It would not exist..and just like the Mayden..I am zee' VeNuzzz...yeeeh!!!...breeeath...

Lady Prism said...

drats.."alive"..NOT..alived...nyek!

X. Dell said...

Oh damn. I missed the mystery post.

I marvel at your ability to appreciate the small things. But anger and resentment are gifts also. Sometimes, the hurt we feel for ourselves leads us to actions that ameliorate the suffering of others--either because of our intervention, our example, or our struggle.

But yes, enjoying life is important as well.

Lady Prism said...

X: Well hello there!!..You back already?...Brought anything for me eh?..he!he!...

ah'..the mystery post...ye'..n'ways...I like to think of the good days from hereon...glad to see you here..