Wednesday, May 16, 2007

Help...She's Missing


Vamos Todos Procurar Madeleine

http://sverdades.blogspot.com

Oh' forget about my cramps..this little girl is missing. Going back a post down to the comments section, I found a message by David Santos saying something about posting a picture of a missing girl. I went through his blog (written in Portugese..I think..). and as much as I can understand, his last post would be the one of this child.

Sue did mention about a family visiting in Algarve who is currently going through a missing child tragedy. I think this must be that child.

Evidently I don't have as much traffic as David or other people's blogs so why place her picture here?...What help will it provide?... But it is my belief that we are interconnected in this web of life... so... if you do pass by..perhaps you can post this picture in your blog...I pray that she dearly gets found soon. I cannot imagine the terror going through the hearts of her family members.

Thank you very much. I shall be back later. Have a pleasant day..or night.

( ABOUT FOUR HOURS LATER....)

AND here I am, back....( after paying bills and coffeeing with a friend in the nearby mall) still with thoughts of this missing child in mind. Not only this child, but countless others who have gone missing through the years.

I remember when my eldest was 5....Hubz and I took him with us for a day of shopping. While strolling, we unexpectedly ran into close family friends. Enmeshed in animated conversation, we confidently thought our son was still among the young cousins there...Apparently, nobody took notice that our boy had wandered off...It was just for a few secs...but....no word can match the pure chill we both felt upon realizing that our child was not in sight.

Frantic and panicked we both hollered his name and ran searching...Fortunately, the area wasn't crowded, and we both found him just a near corner away happily looking at toys..Relief felt like a blast of rain in a parched dry desert of worry.

This feeling is not an inch comparable to what families of missing children feel....worry, anger, confusion, guilt, an ocean of sadness like no other....I think the worst news ever anyone can get, aside from being told about terminal illness ( we are all terminal anyway..), is to be told that someone deeply loved is lost....lost physically..or lost in despair....lost his mind...or lost in his way...

For the rest of the day I will not think of me..or my comfort or discomfort. Instead, I will think of those who are lost.....lost people...lost dreams....lost friendships...lost opportunities....lost words...lost loves....

And in thinking..offer prayers to the One who holds the matrix of this life....who can see all..that is in and without...just a whisper of a petition that all that is lost....

be finally...

just finally...

be found...


9 comments:

david santos said...

Thank you.

darkfoam said...

i so hope she is found

Lady Prism said...

David: You are welcome.

Foam: I hope so too. sad.

Unknown said...

I hope so too. How terrible it must be for her parents.

Mayden' s Voyage said...

So many are lost...and it brings a sadness that can not be described.
I hope she is found quickly- I hope she is ok-
This is my hope and prayer for all the little ones who are lost~

X. Dell said...

I tried clicking on the link to the page that had information about Madeleine, but got a 401. I'll check it again later.

Your fear that your son might have been missing is understandable, especially since a missing child is already on your mind. But questions of concern come to my mind. Will news of missing children influence how you instruct your children on how to do their business? If so, how? Will your fear become more accute, do you think, or will it subside eventually and rise at the next report of a missing child?

I don't know how your local police and press respond to missing persons reports. Here, it's kinda hit and miss. A few missing persons cases get immediate attention from law enforcement, with volunteer search parties and media coverage. Most, however, receive substantially less attention, with perhaps a photo of the missing perhaps appearing at the local post office or on the side of a milk carton. Oftentimes, the family has to take it upon themselves to post placards of their missing in neighborhoods were they are likely to visit.

darkfoam said...

actually, since 2002 we do have the AMBER ALERT system in place here in the USA.
www.amberalert.gov

Sue said...

Hi Luxie

Thanks for posting the pic about Madelaine. She's still missing although the police say they have a suspect - not sure how accurate that is or whether he's being used as a scapegoat - time will tell (hopefully).

Sue

Flea said...

Little Madeleine's story was all over the news here too, she was abducted while asleep in her hotel room bed. I feel for her parents and hope the poor bubby is still ok, I cried for her! She is so so gorgeous. Lately the news is quiet so I don't know what's happenning.
I had nightmares about loosing my little one then! :-(