Thursday, November 29, 2007

Wipe and Shine


Early early early morning pitter patter put puttering rainy pat putter.......cold...and cool....disheveled bed..........upturned pillows.............brown trousers on the floor......towels left a' hanging......drip drop drip........teenage boys a running'..........out out out the door.......

Hurried kisses........Corn soup traces.................

Fine day to Wipe and Shine floors.............

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: 1:45 pm

Apparently it appears that it's a fine rainy day for a coup de' etat as well....

As of this time...a great number of soldiers headed by "Trillanes" ( I dunno' his rank) who was accused of masterminding the Oakwood Mutiny of 2003, have stationed themselves at the Manila Peninsula. According to them, they will use the hotel as a base point for what they are about to do. Former Vice President Teofisto Guingona is in ca- hoots with the group. Just moments ago, a certain archbishop of whatever province ( I forgot) is calling on the faithful ( meaning Catholics) as well as those who are of moral servitude to take to the streets and "help" ( rolling eyes here) topple this government who has lost its moral integrity to rule.

I mean to get the name of that archbishop..I heard his words on the radio and I can't believe his line of reasoning.

I am trying to write nice...but my mind is actually spewing very colorful invectives :>>



14 comments:

Gill said...

OH! But also a day to put your feet up with a tea and read for a bit.
Don't break your back or a nail until you feel the time is right.
xo
Gillian

X. Dell said...

Unbelievable. I thought they had stopped the coup attempt last February, but it apparently has heated up again.

There's some great footage of the hotel siege at The Guardian UK.

Like I told yo earlier, your country is no stranger to intrigue.

Amber Cargile said...

Luxie, I read this morning that the police were able to control the situation. I hope it doesn't continue to escalate. We're thinking about you. Keep us posted. And in the meantime, enjoy those shining floors...but don't work too hard! Great photo, too, BTW!

beezee~bee said...

wot color wud u call that wall in ur pic lux? kinda' lovely ;p
n'ways...hop over 2 me bloggy girl, ur meme been answered..hehehhe

hv a gr8 weekend...huggies & kissy!

Mayden' s Voyage said...

I'm thinking of you- and praying too...
hugs- I'll send a note~

..................... said...

be safe, be safe, be safe...
xoxoxo

HLiza said...

You wipe and shine floor? Let me see..when was the last time I did that? *Blank*
Praying everything is okay up there especially for you. Hugs!

ThursdayNext said...

Please be safe, Luxie. xoxoxo

Helene said...

I can only imagine what you must be feeling! Keep us posted! We worry about you!

Guatyen said...

hope everythings ok. be safe my friend. keep us updated!

don't think i'll be going to singapore anytime soon. i plan to go slow in december. rest more, be with family, time for some reflection, going deep within. focusing what matters to the heart :)

besides, holiday mood... annivesary and christmas coming! some lovin feelin is good right now!

Faithful 2 U said...

Awsome Pics & Blog!

Drop By Mine Anytime!

http://bitternewspaperlady.blogspot.com/

Rose - Watching Waves said...

I'm praying for peace and goodness to fill the hearts of all those in Manila, and hoping that non-violent alternatives are found.

Synchronicity said...

just stopping by to say hello and...i do hope you stay safe.

sparringK9 said...

lux! i dont know enough to comment on whats going on, but i do know you are in my thoughts...and i know that you are an expert at finding silver linings, whatever the storm, so i trust in that. trout sends bushy regards.