Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Vintage Savage Mind

Vintage!..vintage!..yeeehay!...
I've decided I'm going VINTAGE!!!...
oh' yeeess..been too long of a dilly dallying on how exactly do I want my housey to be...will it be oriental?.....will it be pure native ala tropical beach house?..........will it be bohemian?....asian?..martian?...finally..after being inspired by so many pretty bloggies....I will go vintage!!!..

I can pull that off..I think..

If those lovely women could lovely their homes that way..why can't I?...Nevermind that the structure of my house is anything fairy vintage like..I got a poodle.....that counts!...

And..I've got a fake antique terra vase in my living room..which my son dropped a year ago..which made it look incredibly older...and..and...I got old placemats...and..and...fake old cups and saucers made ov' ceramic...yeeeah!!!!

So, in between this crazy dash to finish my manuals.....I peek into pretty vintage blogs....And in inspiration about a week ago, I went shopping for vintage finds...here in my country...only to find out ( in putrid dismay) that the prices of vintage finds here are ..ha!ha!ha!ha!ha!...like that....

Heavens!...I was aghast to find out that the older a can of coke is... the more hundreds I had to shell out...no way...


Sooooo....after all these work..I'm going shopping for curtains and cups and saucers that look vintagey but not pricey...

And then..and then....as soon as I finish up my work here...( sigh!)..I'm gonna' redecorate and paint and plant and cooook!!!...yes...coook...cook stew..and chinese fried rice and siomai and adobo and nilaga and lumpia...

ANNND..I'm gonna' call someone to help me spruce up the template of my bloggy and put nice flowers and music and pics that glow..and counters and...and...hu!..hu!..hu!..I gotta' get back to work....

( that's my dowgie Bushy!)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

luxie,

cute doggy! we should get our dogs together for a play date.
vintage, huh? there's all kinds of new stuff here that's distressed and for sale at pretty hefty prices. i refuse to buy it. we just lounge around in our old stuff. if we do get something new, i figure we will vintage it up ourselves in no time at all anyways...what with 2 boys, 2 cats, a dog ...
i actually took a photo of a corner of my living room that i had thought about posting but keep changing my mind about.
i might just go ahead and do that..

Anonymous said...

ahh vintage can be expensive - so I just decorate with stuff I love and op-shops are fun to scrounge in. a little bit of vintage, alot of new and some much loved = my look. oh and throw abit of kitsch in of course!

Lady Prism said...

Schaumi and miss'r....I think I went to the wrong place.I had this idea that this place over here ( I live in Manila) that was popular for really old finds would sell cheap..Upon realizing my fooly, Imagine my horror as I tried to make it through the aisles of plates and glasses mimicking the moves of a cat...I was sooo afraid to break something!!..LOL!!!!..After my work project...i think I will be viviting a famous chinese district that I am confident holds surprise!

X. Dell said...

I'd go with the Martian decor. You could decorate your pad with rocks and the like, and paint everything various shades of red.

As you can tell, I know nothing about lovelying a house.

Anonymous said...

x.dell just described my oldest son's bedroom..

savvycityfarmer said...

I'm utterly charmed by your writing skill,humor AND your love for all things vintage..if we can't find enough inspiration on eblogger then...well whatever...there's so much to see on these posts.


Thanks for the visit.
Watch over your shoulder for perhaps blog of the week on cityfarmer...

Anonymous said...

cute pooch! I say go for it! I just bought a painting that has orange and fushia in it for the family room... I needed color at that moment, and well... color I got! hehehe

have a great day!

Gary said...

The great thing about stuff that looks vintage but isn't, is that if you keep it for fifty years or so it WILL BE vintage.

Anonymous said...

Oh, this sounds like so much fun!!!

Unknown said...

Get some vintage relatives to occupy vintage chairs that should help :)

Anonymous said...

hey, you got any coffee ready? i have the day off..

Anonymous said...

Would love for you to post a few pics of what you buy :)

HLiza said...

Oh you have so much in hand! Vintage sounds expensive to me too..but they're so classy. Go for it girl!